1. (a) What is occupational Health Survey?
(b) What facilities are to be provided by mine managements for occupational Health Survey in accordance to the Mines Act-1952?
2. (a) What are the different types of slope failures that may occur in an opencast mine.
(b) What precautionary measures would you adopt to prevent such slope failures?
3. Write short notes on:-
(a) Mine Closure plan
(b) Apparatus under pressure
(c) Internal Safety Organization
(d) GPS and its use in opencast mines.
4. (a) What is the procedure to frame traffic rules for a big opencast mine?
(b) Frame model traffic rules for a mine producing about 10 million tonnes of Iron Ore per annum.
5. A new opencast mine is to be started for handling about 15 million of materials per annum. You being the training officer of the mine are required to implement training programmes for the workers. What infrastructure would you require?
Draw up a schedule for training of the HEMM operators.
6. One worker lost his life due to fall from height in a crusher plant. Write a detailed report of the accident assuming your own conditions. What steps would you initiate to avoid recurrence of such accidents?
7. Discuss in detail the provisions of the Metalliferous Mines Regulations-1961 regarding employment of statutory persons in an opencast mine. What do you think are the shortcomings, if any of the statue in this regard? Suggest possible amendments to regulations on the subjects.