1. Write short notes on – (a) effectiveness of ISO
(b) Occupational health surveillance
(c) Risk assessment
2. An accident had occurred in an open cast mine due to run over by a dumper being driven in reverse. One worker received fatal injuries. Write a report of enquiry of the accident bringing out contraventions, responsibility and suggestions to prevent similar accident in future. Assume your own conditions.
3. Introduction of contractor’s loading equipment, trucks and workers for removal of O.B. in an open cast mine has led to increase in accidents. State reasons for increase in accident and precautionary measures to be taken.
4. What are the statutory requirements in respect of –
(a) Respirable dust
(c) Duties and responsibilities of surveyors
(d) Notice of accident
5. Human resource development has not received proper attention in metalliferous mines. Discuss the statement, highlighting the role of HRD in improving safety and productivity in mines.
6. For a large mechanized open cast mine, draw up a suitable scheme of training and facilities to be provided under MVT Rules.
7. “Conferences on safety in mines have helped in improving safety standards in Mines” discuss. It is proposed to hold 10th conference shortly. Suggest issues to be taken up for deliberation in the conference.