1. How are the bye laws framed? Describe the provisions of Act for framing the bye-laws.
2. What are the factors that effect stability of over burden/ waste dumps? What steps should be taken to ensure their stability in places where the annual rain fall is very high?
3. Rate of accident in a mechanized open cast mine is very high. As a manager of mine what steps will you take to arrest trend of accidents?
4. Write short note on-
(1) Periodical medical examination
(2) Risk management
(3) Determination of owner in certain cases as provided in Act.
5. Describe an efficient system of illumination in a big open cast mine. What are the minimum standards of lighting to be provided in open cast mine in different places where natural light is insufficient?
6(a) What are notified diseases
(b) How do they affect workers and,
(c) How the propagation of these diseases can be minimized?
7. State provisions stipulated in IER regarding cables other than flexible cables for portable and transportable apparatus.