1.(a) What do you understand by the term “trade union”? How a trade union formed and what are essential requirement for its registration?
(b) What restrictions have been imposed under Mines Act-1952, on employment of women in mines?
2. State in brief, guidelines for environmental protection and surface reclamation in a highly mechanized open cast mine.
3. (a) Describe various parameters of a good haul road.
(b) Formulate a “model traffic rules” for mechanized open cast mine.
4. What are the statutory provisions regarding formation, composition, and function of safety committee? Suggest ways and means to make safety committee an effective and important tool in promoting safety in mines.
5. Write notes on any three of the following-
(a) Dealing with misfire in a deep hole blast
(b) Sub-ordinate legislation under the mines act-1952
(c) Code of safety for dumps/spoil heaps
(d) Nominated owner
6. State the requirements of status in respect of any these of the following-
(a) Notice of certain diseases
(b) Working near mine boundaries
(c) Duties and responsibilities of blaster
(d) Welfare officers
7. Prepare a set of model standing orders for use of HEMM in open cast mine. Assume your own conditions.