1. What is role of conference of safety in mines? How many conferences have so far been held? Enumerate in short the recommendations of 9′Th conference regarding risk management as a tool for development of appropriate health and safety of management system.
2. How does environment get degraded by open cast workings? What steps are taken to prevent such degradation?
3. Number of accidents in an open cast mine using deep hole blasting and employing HEMM including contractor’s dumpers are on rise. Put up an investigation report suggesting remedial measures to reduce accidents.
4. What facilities should be provided in a mechanized open cast mine employing about 1800 persons in respect of –
(a) Welfare amenities
(b) First aid and medical appliances
(c) Periodical medical examination.
5. What are the various permissions and exemptions required for working a mechanized open cast mine producing about 3 MT of ore annually? The mine is close to a village. Assume your own conditions.
6. Write short notes on any three of the following-
(a) Application of computers in maintenance of HEMM
(b) Illumination in an open cast mine
(c) Importance of human resource development in mine
(d) portable, transportable and hand held apparatus.
7. What are the statutory requirements in respect of any three of the following-
(A) Functions of the committee, under Mines Act-1952
(B) Duties and responsibility of owners, Agents and Managers
(C) Working and examination of machinery
(D) Lighting, communication and fire precautions as per IER