1. A large mechanized open cast mine is being worked by deep hole drilling and blasting and use of HEMM. Assume your own conditions; draw a suitable code of practice for safe working of mine.
2. For a large mechanized open cast mine, draw up a suitable scheme of training and facilities to be provided under MVT rules-1966.
3. What are notified occupational diseases connected with open cast mines? What are the different provisions relating to occupational health surveillance in such a mine?
4. What are the different types of cables used for fixed transportable machines? Describe the periodical tests required to be conducted for cables in a mine.
5. What is accident analysis? What are the objectives and how is it done? How can an accident analysis be made a potent tool for formulation of accident prevention strategy?
6. What are sleeping holes? When do they become necessary? State precautions to be taken to prevent danger from such holes.
7. Write short notes on any four of the following-
(a) Buchholz relay (gas pressure type protection)
(b) Earth leakage, earth fault and earth leakage circuit breaker
(c) Procedures for energizing medium and high voltage electrical lines, systems and apparatus
(d) Handling of electric supply lines and apparatus (Rule-36)
(e) Intimation of accident under rule 44A of IER-1956