1. A mechanized quarry is advancing towards a town, about 1 Km. ahead. Describe precautions to be taken and permissions to be obtained under the Mines Act-1952, to prevent danger to the town.
2. Rate of accidents in a mechanized open cast mine is very high. As a manager of mine, what steps will you take to arrest rising trend of accidents?
3. What are different recommendations of VIIIth conference on safety in mines, regarding safety education and workmen’s participation in safety management?
4. A quarry is proposed to be opened to extract an ore body 18m thick and dipping at 70o, from horizontal, by deep hole blasting and drilling and use of HEMM. In the process it will also extract the topmost horizon of an under ground mine. Prepare an application to DGMS seeking permission/relaxation under different provisions of MMR-1961.
5. As chief executive of a company, draw up a scheme to ensure workmen’s participation in safety management right from mine level to corporate level.
6. (a) What are provisions stipulated in IER, regarding flexible cables used in mines with particular reference to open cast mines?
(b) Why are double-wire-armoured cables used in a mine?
7. Write shorts notes on any four-
(a) Haul roads in open cast mine
(b) Height and width of benches in open cast mine
(c) Damage to surface structures due to blasting in open cast mine
(d) Standard of illumination in open cast mine
(e) Responsibilities of electrical supervisors