1. How does industrial discipline affect the safety and productivity in open cast mines? Discuss the measures you will take to improve general discipline in mines.
2. State the safety precautions to be taken in the operation of any three of the following-
(a) Compressed air equipment
(c) Stock piles, bins and storage bunkers
(d) Aerial ropeways
3. It has been observed that deployment of contractors for loading and transportation of ore/waste in open cast mines is resulting in increase of accidents. State the common causes of such accidents and suggest preventive measures for the same.
4. What are the considerations to be kept in view, while designing a waste dump? Frame a code of rules for safe tipping the dumping operations.
5. What are the health hazards associated with mechanized open cast mining? Suggest preventive measures against such hazards.
6. Briefly state provisions of Mines Act-1952, relating to any three of the following-
A. definition of person employed in a mine
B. duties and responsibilities of owner, agent and managers
C. exemptions from provisions regarding employment and,
D. duties and obligations of persons employed in mine.
7. An open cast mine has to carry out blasting operations within 300m of a village. Blasting results in production of boulders, which need to be reduced in size. Write an application to DGMS for seeking permission, stating the precautions that will be observed.