4. Briefly describe the recommendations of 8th conference on safety in mines relating to-
(a) Safety in open cast and surface operations
(b) Medical surveillance
5. Briefly describe and comment on the provisions of Metalliferrous mines regulations -1961 relating to (a) appointment of agent, (b) movement of wagons, (c) precautions against dust and (d) standards of lighting in opencast mines.
6. What are the provisions of law regarding workmen participation in safety management? Comment on the effectiveness of the system and suggest improvements in any.
7. (a) What are the different causes that may lead to an accident while working on an overhead line? What is the shut down procedure and why it is needed?
(b) What protective devices are to be provided in the starter under the provisions of Indian Electricity Rules-1956?
* Question no.1, 2 and 3 are missing.