1. Write short notes on-
. Management by objectives
. Importance of HRD in mines
. Computer application in mines
2. It has been observed that with the introduction of mechanization in open cast mines, the rate of accidents is on the increase. State the common causes of such accidents and suggest detailed preventive measures.
3. Draw up a scheme for safe transport and use of site mixed slurry explosives in a open cast mechanized mine.
4. What are the safety precautions to be observed during operation of any three of the following-
5. What facilities should be provided in a mechanized open cast mine employing about 2000 persons in respect of (a) first aid and medical appliances (b) welfare amenities?
6. A 1000KW electric shovel, a 150 KW compressor and two 50 KW pumps are to be installed in an open cast mine. Write an application as per law to the electrical inspector of mines, with the layout plan showing protective devices, with every equipment.
7. State and discuss the following provisions of mines act-
(a) Committee and its function
(b) Exemptions from provisions regarding employment
(c) Determination of owner in certain cases