1. Overburden from a mechanized mine is to be dumped in a nearby area. Discuss the factors to be kept in view while selecting site, designing and preparing operating procedures for the dump.
2. While a truck loaded with ore was being driven on a mine road in a hilly area, it went off the road and fell down the hill slope. Two persons riding at the rear of the truck got buried under the ore and died. Write a report of enquiry along with a sketch of site of accident and suggest measures to avoid similar accidents.
3.(a) Draw an organizational chart for supervision and maintenance in a mechanized open cast mine being worked in three shifts and producing 3.5 MT of ore per year.
(b) Discuss the statutory provisions regarding the duties and responsibilities of owners, agents and managers.
4. Write short notes on-
(a) management information system- its usefulness for mining
(b) Personnel policies and their objectives
(c) Motivation as management tool
5. What is the impact of large scale open cast mechanized mining on environment? Suggest measures for environmental protection.
6. Draw up a code of practice for dealing with fires at different locations in a mechanized open cast mine, including HEMM.
7. State the provisions made under rules regarding workers participation in safety management. What further changes can you suggest to make the statutory provisions more effective?