1. Stray currents, static electricity and radio frequency energies can cause premature blast, particularly in conductive ore body, when conventional electric detonators are used. Discuss the recent developments in the detonators that virtually eliminated the above hazard.
2. Discuss the standards of lighting to be provided in various work places of an open cast mine, which works beyond day light hrs.
3. Write short notes on following-
(a) safety committee
(b) role of workmen’s inspector
(c) Persons employed in the mine as defined in the Act.
4. Discuss the recent amendments in MMR in regard of precaution against dust in open cast mines.
5. What are the recommendations of VIIth conference of safety in mines on occupational health services in mines?
6. How serious do you consider the threat of noise in mechanized open cast mine? Indicate the generally prevalent noise level at HEMM, like shovel/dumper/tipper/dozer/drill/ compressor. Suggest measures to improve conditions at the work place in this regard.