1. What are the common causes of accident in a highly mechanized open cast mine? What steps should be taken to minimize such accidents?
2. (a) Give an organizational chart for a mechanized lime-stone mine producing 2000 tonnes per day.
(b) state the provisions of Mines Act and rules on leave with wages .
3. Draw up a set of conditions for use of site mixed slurry and pumpable slurry and bulk transport of these explosives.
4. Discuss how workers can participate in safety management of the mine through-
(a) Pit safety committee and (b) workmen’s inspectors.
5. An 800 KW electric motor, a 100 KW compressor and three 25 KW pumps are to be installed in an open cast mine. Submit an application under the law to an electrical inspector of mines with a layout plan showing protective devices with this equipment.
6.(I) Describe in detail the steps you would take to suppress dust in (A) Drilling sites (B) Haul Roads (C) Loading points
(II) Discuss the protection you would provide to belt conveyors in a 5 Km long tunnel against fire.