1. What do you understand by any three of the following-
(a) Management information system
(b) Environmental management plan
(c ) time and motion study
(d) Operational research
State briefly the application of the above management tools in a large mine.
2. A mechanized open cast mine is proposed to be developed at the foot of a hill on a level ground by the side of a river. State the probable cause of the inundation in such a quarry. What measures should be taken to work the mine round the year?
3. While three workers were engaged in extraction of stone beneath an overhanging face, the mass measuring 1.5m X 1.7m X 0.9m thick and consisting of alluvium with embedded boulders fell through a height of 3m killing them instantly. Put up an investigation report along with a sketch analyzing the cause and responsibility and making references to the regulations and sage practices that may have been contravened. Recommend also the actions to be taken. Assume other conditions wherever necessary.
4. State the role and functions of workmen’s inspector. What are the merits and demerits in worker’s participation in management?
5. What are the impacts of large open cast mines in environmental pollution? Suggest measures for combating various problems.
6. Draft a code of precautions for roads for trucks and dumpers and the spoil bank in a quarry. What are the duties of truck/dumper operator?