1. Draw out an organizational chart for supervision of production and maintenance in a mechanized open cast mine, producing 4500 tonnes/day of ore in three shifts.
2. What types of emergencies can arise in a mechanized open cast mine? Draw a plan or scheme for dealing with such emergencies.
3. What are the hazards of air borne dust in open cast mines? What modern instruments are presently available to monitor dust hazards in mines? How can periodical monitoring be helpful in eliminating dust hazards?
4. Explain the factors responsible for slope failure in open cast mines. Describe suitable measures to overcome such failures. How does slope angle affect the economics of the pit?
5. Describe a total bulk-transport system for explosives in opencast mines. Your answer should elucidate the concept right up to the blasting stage. Give advantages for the system you will recommend.
6. What are safety features of the following –
(i) Shovel (ii) dumpers (iii) bull-dozer (iv) drag line