1. As an assistant manager prepare a report of a detailed study of high rate of accidents by fall of side in a large open cast mine. Suggest means to reduce the accidents. Assume your own conditions.
2. Describe the layout of a vocational training centre for a group of ten small manual open cast mines situated within 10 Kms. to fulfill the statutory requirements under VT rules-1966.
3. List the notified occupational diseases in mines. Indicate precautions to reduce their incidence.
4. What is meant by accountability in delegation? How can a mine’s manager fulfill by delegation his accountability for (i) production (ii) safety (iii) cost control (iv) industrial discipline.
5. Write short notes on statutory requirements in respect of –
(i) Extraction of common barrier between mines
(ii) Maximum no. of shots fired by a blaster
(iii) Increasing the benches beyond prescribed dimensions.
6. What are the statutory restrictions on employment of women and children in mines? What are the problems a manager faces in complying with these? Suggest changes in law, which you consider necessary.