1. A passer by was hit by flying fragments ejected from a shot hole in a quarry blast. What possible contraventions may have led to the accidents?
2. What are the requirements of IER with regard to (a) earthing (b) protection against lighting and (c) protective devices?
3. Suggest a code of practice for use of HEMM in a large open cast mine.
4. What are the welfare amenities statutorily required to be provided under the Mines Act in a mine employing 2700 persons? List the requirements of a canteen for such a mine.
5. What are the common causes of accidents in mechanized opencast mines? What steps would bring about improvements?
6. Write down safety precautions during, storage of explosives in mine premises, storage of inflammable materials, dangers during shunting operations.