1. What are the statutory duties and responsibilities of owners, agents and managers of mines under the Mines (amendment) Act-1983?
2. Write an application to the prescribed authorities seeking permission for blasting within 45 mts. of public building and road. What precautionary measures you would propose in the application and upto what distance you would limit extension of the working.
3. (a) what are the notified occupational diseases connected with mining operations? Who in the mines are most vulnerable to contract them? What precautions do you suggest to minimize their incidences?
(b) Sketch and describe a dust extractor for blast holes.
4. Where and when it is necessary to provide general lighting arrangements in or about open cast mines? How do you carry out of illumination survey at different places and what instrument you will use?
5. A group of 10 small open cast mines situated within a radius of 10 km., propose to set up jointly, a group vocational training centre. Draft a scheme for management and imparting of training. List the equipment and staff required to run the training centre.
6. A 10 HP compressor, three 25 HP pumps, two 40 HP crushers, and one 50 HP pulverizing mill are to be installed in a open cast mine. Submit an application under the statute to the electrical inspector of mines with a layout plan showing protective devices with each equipment.