1. What do you understand by accountability in delegation? A mines manager is accountable for production, safety, cost control and industrial discipline, how he can fulfill these functions by delegation?
2. As an Asstt. Manager you have been asked to make a detailed study of the high rate of accidents due to falls of side in a large open cast mine. Prepare a report on the subject and suggest measures to reduce these accidents. Assume your own conditions.
3. Management has decided to introduce deep hole blasting and mechanize open cast mine with HEMM. Submit an application to the appropriate authority seeking permission under the statute. Assume your own conditions.
4. Describe the safety features of any three of the following machinery used in open cast mine-
(a) Electrical shovel (b) dumper (c) wagon drill (d) Bucket wheel excavator
5. What are the statutory restrictions on employment of women, adolescent and children in open cast mine? As a manager, what is your view and what are your suggestions.
6. Explain with examples, the contraventions of IER that may cause accidents due to shock.
Give particulars of different notices that are required to be furnished to the electrical inspector of mines.