1. Draw an organization chart for supervision, production and maintenance in a mechanized open cast mine producing 2000 tonnes of ore per day in three shifts.
2. Draft a model code of precautions for Dumper transport in open cast mines.
3. As a newly appointed under manager of large open cast mine, you find that the accident rate due to machinery is very high. How would you approach the problem and what steps would you take to improve this state of affairs.
4. A worker has received fatal injuries from flying missile ejected from a shot hole in a quarry at a distance of 50mts. from the shot hole. Submit an enquiry report to manager pinpointing the causes, violations of statutory provisions and responsibility.
5. What are the welfare amenities and on which scale to be provided in an opencast mine employing more than 500 workers per day in one shift? What should be standard of construction of a rest shelter in an open cast mine?
6. What are the provisions of Indian electricity rules relating to earthing of electrical system? How would you ensure effectiveness of the earthing system?