1. What are the different styles of management of industrial undertakings? Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of public sector mine management, suggest improvements?
2. What are the common causes of accidents in a highly mechanized open cast mines? What steps should be taken to minimize such accidents?
3. While an operator of a shovel of 3.6 m3 bucket capacity was standing near his machine, he was fatally injured by a 50 Kg. piece of stone rolling down the adjacent quarry side from a height of 15 m.
Write a report of enquiry giving inter-alias, the circumstances attending this accident, the precautions that might have been omitted and remedial measures. Assume your own conditions.
4. (a) Describe the manner of dealing with-
(i) An electrical fire in an enclosed room,
(ii) Fire in a diesel storage tank,
(b) What first aid would you render to an injured with broken ribs?
5. What are the precautions to be taken during-
(a) Storage of inflammable material,
(b) Brake testing of Dumpers,
(c) Precautions while shunting,
6. A quarry is situated at the foot of 150m high hill, sloping at 450 from the horizontal and excavation is proceeding towards the hill. How would you ensure the stability of sides, and protect the quarry workers from the hazard of boulders, rolling down the hill?