(See rule 14) Form apprenticeship
14. Record and returns:-
(1) Establishments referred to in items (b) and (c) of sub-clause (1) of clause (d) of section 2 of the Act shall submit returns as hereinafter provided to the respective Regional Director.
(2) Establishments referred to in item (b) of sub-clause (2) of clause (d) of Section 2 of the Act shall submit returns as hereinunder provided to the respective State Apprenticeship Adviser.
(3) Within seven days from the date a trade apprentice joins an establishment, the employer shall prepare the return in form Apprenticeship – 4 in Schedule-III in duplicate and shall submit one return to the Regional Director or State Apprenticeship Adviser as the case may be, and the other to the Principal or Head of the Institute where Basic Training or Related Instructions shall be imparted.
(4) As soon as a trade apprentice joins the establishment, the employer shall prepare an index card (Envelope) in Form Apprenticeship -I in Schedule-III in duplicate and shall submit one of the cards to the Regional Director or State Apprenticeship Adviser, as the case may be, within a period of fifteen days of the date of registration of the contract of apprenticeship and retain the other one with him.
(5) (a) Every employer shall maintain a record of Basic Training or Practical Training and Related Instructions in Form Apprenticeship-IA in Schedule-III, Information regarding Basic Training or Practical Training shall be based on the syllabus approved by the Central Apprenticeship Council and operations actually performed by the trade apprentice during the half year under review, every employer shall send a copy of this report to the Regional Director or the State Apprenticeship Adviser, as the case may be, at the end of every half year, and the said report shall be kept inside form Apprenticeship-I.
(b) In case where the Basic Training is given to the Trade Apprentices at an institute set up by the Government, reports during the period of such training, giving the required information shall be furnished to the establishment by the Head of the Institute concerned in form Apprenticeship-IA in duplicate.
(c) The details relating to ‘Trade Theory’, ‘Workshops Calculation and Science’, ‘Engineering Drawing’ and ‘Social Studies’ shall be entered periodically in form Apprenticeship-IA, in Schedule-III by the establishments on the basis of half yearly report which is furnished by the authorities imparting relating instructions in Apprenticeship-I (Supplementary).
(6) At the end of each half year every establishment shall in respect of trade apprentices receiving training in the establishment submit a report in form Apprenticeship-2 in Schedule-III to the Regional Director or the State Apprenticeship Adviser, as the case may be, according to the table below alongwith the relevant half yearly report in form Apprenticeship – IA in Schedule-III.