21. Restriction on import or export –
(1) No person shall import or export any explosive except under and in accordance with the conditions of a license granted under these rules.
(2) No license shall be granted for import or export of any explosives unless –
(a) the explosive is an authorized explosives;
(b) the explosive, if of the 3rd (Nitro-compound class) or 4th (Chlorate mixture) is certified in Form I by the testing officer to have passed the tests specified in Schedule III; and
(c) the explosive is certified to have passed such analysis or examination, if any, as the Chief Controller or the Customs Collector at his discretion by order in writing, may require in order to determine its composition or condition.
(3) No person shall be granted an import or export licence unless he is the holder of a licence for possession in a magazine or a store house authorised for the class and quantity of explosives intended to be imported or exported.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (3) the explosives in quantities exceeding the licensed capacity indicated in the licence may be imported with prior permission of the Chief Controller provided adequate advance arrangements are made by the importer to distribute directly from the port of import, the explosives to the other licensed magazine or licensed store houses.