FIRST SCHEDULE- FORM – B
48. Notice regarding hours of work –
(1) The notices of hours of work referred to in sub-section (1) of section 36 shall be maintained in Form A.
(2) In addition to the particulars specified in sub-section(1) and (3) of section 36, the notice shall also show the particulars of the system in which periodical changes of shifts are made for all or each set of persons employed in the mine.
(3) A copy of the notice shall be affixed on the first page in the registers maintained in Forms B,C,D and E.
51. Termination of employment –
When the employment of a person in a mine is terminated, whether by way of dismissal, discharge or otherwise, or where such person leaves the employment, the date of such termination or leaving shall be entered against his name in the register maintained in Form B.
77. Register of employees –
The register required by sub -section (1) of section 48 shall be maintained in Form B. [keeping separate page for each person employed in the mine.]
77-A. Identity tokens –
(1) (a) The owner, agent or manager of a mine shall issue free of cost to every person employed in the mine, a metal token; hereinafter referred to as token, bearing a number and other particulars by which such person may be identified;
Provided that if any other equally effective system of identification is in force in any mine and the Chief Inspector is satisfied of the same, he may exempt such mine from the operation of this rule subject to such conditions as he may deem fit to impose.
(b) No person employed in a mine shall enter or be permitted to enter for work in any part of a mine unless he carries off his person the token issued to him.
(c) The token shall be of such durable and strong material as cannot be easily damaged or defaced.
(d) The token shall be carried by an employee on his person during the time he is on duty.
(e) Where a token is damaged, defaced or lost, due to reasons other than the fault or negligence of the employee concerned a duplicate token shall be issued forthwith to such employee free of charge and such duplicate token shall be stamped ‘DUPLICATE’.
(f) Where a token is damaged defaced or lost due to the fault or negligence of the employee concerned , a duplicate token stamped ‘DUPLICATE’ shall be issued forthwith to such employee and such employee shall be liable to pay fifty percent of the cost of the duplicate token issued to him.
(2) The token number and other particulars by which the employee may be identified, together with a passport size photograph, shall be entered in the register in Form B prescribed under rule 77.